We offer free…
and REFERRALS for…
- Medical care and support
- Financial and/or employment resources
- Legal referrals
- Education assistance, getting your GED, getting into colleges, etc
- Professional counseling, including for post-abortion needs, suicide, depression, abuse, miscarriages or stillbirths, and more
*if your situation is a critical emergency please dial 911
as well as FREE information on…
What We Won't Do
- We WON'T tell you what to do. That's your choice.
- We WON'T try to scare you into a choice. That's unethical.
- We WON'T charge you for anything. Everything is free.
- We WON'T provide ultrasounds, STD testing, or contraceptives. We are not a medical clinic.
- We WON'T lie to you. That won't help anybody.
- We WON'T take you to an abortion clinic. However, we will still be your friend afterward and offer counseling options that may be of help to you.
- We WON'T argue politics or religion with you; we are trying to find out what YOU want and what YOU need.
- We WON'T set up private adoptions as a Life Connections volunteer, but we will get you in touch with agencies that do private adoptions.
- We WON'T betray your confidentiality. If we see you around town, we won't acknowledge our acquaintance, unless you want us to, nor will we share your story with anyone.
- We WON'T give out legal, mental health, or medical advice. We always refer you to licensed professionals.
- We WON'T be a bad friend; a good friend should encourage you to try new ways of dealing with old problems.
- We WON'T be able to make all of your problems go away, but we can show you steps you can take that will help eliminate or minimize them one-by-one.
- We WON'T stop loving you; no matter what.
What We Will Do
- We WILL find you a safe place to live if you are being threatened.
- We WILL get you legal help to protect you.
- We WILL provide a Spanish Translator, if you need one.
- We WILL tell you what your rights and options are.
- We WILL be with you, if you want, when you break the news about the pregnancy to your parents or boyfriend or husband, or at school or your workplace.
- We WILL help you find ways to stay in school, or continue schooling while you're home.
- We WILL work on your resume and find interview clothing so you can get a job.
- We WILL find you a birthing partner for your delivery date.
- We WILL tell you all about the various abortion procedures, if you want, so that you are truly informed. We only use Minnesota Dept of Health information to do this, so you can be sure that it is government-backed, up-to-date, and accurate information.
- We WILL give you clothing, food, transportation, supplies, and everything we can to take away your obstacles for making the choice you want.
- We WILL put you in touch, if you're interested, with adults in the area who were either adopted or have adopted children. They have told us that they want you to know what a wonderful, loving option it is!
- We WILL mentor you to help you be the success you want to be.
Links, like the ones below, are available to us to help you see what your rights are as a pregnant person, whether it's in high school, the workplace, medical care, or for housing. You cannot be harassed or dismissed in most cases. Know your rights. We can refer you for potentially free legal help.